(Clockwise l. to r.) Budget opens a new licensee in Costa Rica; Gotham Dream Cars merges with Beverly Hills Rent-A-Car; Hertz completes its SEC financial filings; Advantage Rent A Car purchases E-Z Rent-A-Car.
An opening of a new Budget licensee, Gotham’s merger with Beverly Hills Rent A Car and Hertz completing its financial restatements with the Securities and Exchange Commission ranked as the most read news stories on AutoRentalNews.com during 2015.
Two other mergers in the rental car industry made the list. Advantage Rent A Car purchased E-Z Rent-A-Car and Enterprise Holdings acquired Triangle Rent A Car.
As the year comes to a close, let’s revisit the top 10 news stories of the year:
1. Budget Costa Rica Named Licensee of the Year
2. Gotham Dream Cars Merges with Beverly Hills Rent-A-Car
3. Hertz Completes Financial Filings
4. Advantage Rent A Car to Purchase E-Z Rent-A-Car
5. Avis Adds Maserati Ghibli to Rental Fleet
6. Hertz Fails to File Annual Report by Extension Date
7. Enterprise Acquires Triangle Rent A Car
8. Avis Budget Announces New CEO
9. Alamo Adds Monster Trucks to Fleet
10. In Memoriam: Frank Colonna, Founder of Triangle Rent A Car