A seminar from the Latin American Meeting in 2014.
The Latin American Meeting is returning for its third year at the International Car Rental Show, taking place at Bally’s Las Vegas, April 17-19.
This year, the meeting will be held on Monday, April 18 from 9 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. This will alleviate the need for Latin American operators to extend their stay for an extra day, as had been in the schedule in past years.
Designed for car rental operators serving Central America, South America and the Caribbean, the seminars include content exclusively for Latin American car rental operators; they will be presented in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
Here is a list of the seminars included in this year’s Latin American Meeting:
- “Trends in U.S. Commercial Fleet Market”: Automotive Fleet magazine’s Executive Editor Mike Antich will provide an analysis of current market conditions, funding and operating cost trends as well as a remarketing forecast and a preview of emerging technologies that will impact fleet management.
- “OTAs, Brokers and Operators: Working Together in Latin America”: A panel discussion will cover ways that brokers, OTAs and car rental companies can work together to improve processes, address customer needs and improve customer satisfaction.
- “Creating Consensus on Standards for the LATAM Market”: Latin American markets are growing but lacking in a well-defined set of standards. Fernando Intriago of Sixt leads a discussion on how to collaborate on solutions.
- “How Price Point Affects Your Business Beyond the Bottom Line”: Kevin Stutz, president of ACE Rent A Car, will discuss how price point has impacted the customer experience, cancellation rates, no-show rates and other metrics.
- “Leverage Data to Target Your Rental Market”: Eddie Crespo of TSD will show attendees how they can use client databases, online communities and social media to produce targeted marketing campaigns and reach customers in new ways.
- “LATAM Car Rental Market — an Investment Perspective”: John Healy and Chris Farnham, research analysts covering the car rental industry, share data on the comparisons of Latin American markets to the U.S., as well as opportunities and threats that are shaping Latin American car rental today.
- “Key Components of Employee Engagement”: Israel Alvarez and Rodrigo Galvez of Frontline Performance Group will present tips on engaging employees and ways to measure results that will enhance a work environment.
This year’s Latin American Meeting sponsors include Economy Rent A Car, Fox Rent A Car, Green Motion and PurCo.
For more information and to sign up for the Latin American Meeting and the International Car Rental Show, visit www.internationalcarrentalshow.com.