Enterprise to Rent Pickup Trucks for Personal Use

A pickup truck rental from Enterprise Truck Rental. Photo courtesy of Enterprise Holdings.

This spring, Enterprise Truck Rental, a service of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, is responding to its customers by offering tow-capable pickup trucks for personal use to renters across the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

The business has offered tow-capable pickups to commercial renters, but this is the first time consumers have the option to rent a 3/4- or 1-ton pickup truck with a hitch for easy towing of boats, campers, trailers, All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs), and snow mobiles, according to Enterprise.

“Listening and responding to our customers is critically important to the Enterprise business model,” said Frank Thurman, corporate vice president of Enterprise Truck Rental. “We place a big emphasis on providing rental solutions that support what our customers want to accomplish — across all of our lines of business. In fact, we first decided to rent commercial trucks in 1999 based on customer demand. Then, in 2009, we started offering truck rentals for personal use because customers kept asking for that option.”

Enterprise Truck Rental’s commercial-grade fleet includes a range of trucks, cargo vans, and pickup trucks for business as well as personal use. Enterprise also sells well-maintained and low-mileage used medium-duty commercial trucks, according to the company.

Enterprise car rental and truck rental customers receive free pickup and 24-hour roadside assistance, says the company.

“Since we launched Enterprise Truck Rental in 1999, the division has been providing tailored solutions to ensure our customers receive the right model at the right rate and for the right terms,” said David Nestor, senior vice president of North American Operations for Enterprise. “That means customer service excellence is at the core of both our truck rental and car rental businesses, which only further differentiates the Enterprise brand in the competitive transportation sector.”

Enterprise Truck Rental has seen a 25% year-over-year growth and now operates in more than 260 locations in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.

Comments

1. Dwight Golden [ January 13, 2017 @ 12:22PM ]

Need price for pickup truck with hitch to tow 19' Boston Whaler motor boat from Stuart, FL, to Johnson City, TN, for 1 or two days. Not sure of exact dates in late January. Thank you for your help.

2. Randy Coloni [ January 21, 2017 @ 03:42PM ]

Need ballpark price for truck to tow approximately 32' RV 100 miles. Don't have specifics on unit to be towed yet; Price of truck rental will help determine if I buy trailer vs motorhome.

3. Pamela Hinthorne [ February 9, 2017 @ 08:33AM ]

Do you have a truck to rent that will tow our trailer with 26' Tollycraft boat? If so, what is the size of the truck and the maximum pounds it can tow?

4. Kenneth N Amend [ February 14, 2017 @ 11:52AM ]

Have small debris TRAILOR that's just to big for my Dakota. Looking forward to getting pricing and taking more work, now that Enterprise is providing options. Need mileage rates.

5. mindy wille [ March 11, 2017 @ 04:08PM ]

Looking for a truck w/hitch from jupiter, fl to toms river, nj

6. Kurt Hollen [ April 14, 2017 @ 12:52PM ]

Do you rent pickups with gooseneck hitch?

7. Carl Velasquez [ May 1, 2017 @ 08:44PM ]

I would like to know how you guys pick up rental turn out!!

8. George Slyamn [ June 5, 2017 @ 06:06PM ]

I would like to tow my aluminum car trailer with my Miata from Cleveland,OH to Sebring,FL. Trailer & car is gross weight 4000 max. How much would this cost me one way? Thanks, George

9. Cindy [ June 6, 2017 @ 05:24PM ]

I'm looking for a truck to tow a 31' Travel Trailer. 6000 lbs. From Theodore, AL to Robertsdale, AL. Thanks!

10. Patty Prestera [ June 18, 2017 @ 09:45AM ]

We are looking for a rental truck with a hitch to trailer a pop up camper from VA out to Cal. For July 14th one way.

11. mike [ July 5, 2017 @ 06:15AM ]

Need price on a truck to haul a 20ft enclosed trl around 6000 pounds from Winston salem nc to tampa fl.

12. Scott [ July 11, 2017 @ 07:43PM ]

We have a little airstream trailer that we would like to tow from Medford Oregon to Monterey California and back. Depends on the price it's either a week or two weeks we need the truck.
    Please let me know, how much and where the truck is located.
    Thanks,
    Scott.

13. Francine [ August 3, 2017 @ 08:45AM ]

Looking for pricing from Detroit to Denver, CO

14. Elizabeth [ August 23, 2017 @ 08:10AM ]

Looking for a pickuo truck to pull small 5'x8' trailer.

15. Daniel lupacchino [ September 5, 2017 @ 09:02AM ]

Need to rent a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup truck with 2.1/16 ball to tow a 41ft park trailer from westerly to to Windsor locks ct 90 miles do you have such a vechicle and we're can I rent in the Hartford ct area

16. Chuck Hensley [ October 28, 2017 @ 09:31PM ]

Looking for a one ton diesel to tow my 27ft travel trailer from Elk grove calif. To Arcadia calif.
    Do you have such animal ?

17. tina nelson [ October 31, 2017 @ 08:21PM ]

looking for truck to tow 16ft pop up camper from jax fl to ft. white fl.for a total of 3 days.

18. Philip [ November 9, 2017 @ 11:06PM ]

I'm buying a 35 ft. Fifth Wheel r.v., but don't want to own a 3/4 ton h.d. pickup truck. Can I depend on you to supply me one when I need it? Cost? Gooseneck hitch?

19. Philip [ November 9, 2017 @ 11:06PM ]

20. Thomas [ November 19, 2017 @ 04:39PM ]

This is great , I’m calling now ,hope you can complete with U Hall . That what I had to used for some simple moving.

Understanding The Fleetification of Everything

As fleet miles increase exponentially, and as new stratum of fleet enter both consumer and business use cases, the "founding fathers" who gathered at Fleet Forward in Miami last week have some work to do.

The Problem with Valuing Safety Technology

As advanced safety technologies have migrated to mainstream vehicles, retaining value for these options at resale remains an issue.

ELD Mandate: Is Your Head Still in the Sand?

If you think you have 11 weeks to implement an Electronic Logging Device system to meet the Dec. 18 compliance deadline, you really don’t — for a few reasons.