(Clockwise l to r) Kathryn Marinello replaces John Tague as Hertz's president and CEO; Uber finishes ahead of car rental for business travelers; Christine Taylor is named Enterprise's chief operating officer; Avis Budget's full-year revenue increases 5%.
Remembering Jack Taylor, the founder of Enterprise, Kathryn V. Marinello replacing John Tague as Hertz's president and CEO, and Uber topping car rental for business travelers ranked as the most read news stories from newsletter traffic during 2016.
Personnel changes, financial reports for car rental companies, and a class-action suit also made the list.
As the year comes to a close, let’s revisit the top 10 news stories of the year:
1) In Memoriam: Jack Taylor, Founder of Enterprise
2) John Tague Out at Hertz
3) Uber Tops Car Rental in Business Travel
4) Judge Denies Dollar Thrifty Class Action Suit
5) GM Cuts Vehicle Sales to Rental Fleets
6) Enterprise Names Christine Taylor its COO
7) GM Issues Stop Sale on SUVs
8) Avis Budget's Full-Year Revenue Increases 5%
9) Hertz Revenue Declines 6%
10) Sixt Turns Profit in U.S.