The online auction company OPENLANE Inc. said Tuesday that it has enhanced its U.S. open auction site, www.openlane.com, and has launched a new auction site for Canadian customers, www.openlane.ca.
The new enhancements to OPENLANE.com and the introduction of OPENLANE.ca include a complete redesign of each site's vehicle detail, search and bid/buy confirm pages, all featuring a fresh, easier-to-read interface.
Dealers and regional sellers will also benefit from site enhancements including a new one-screen Web-listing page, which replaces the former five-Web page listing process, making it faster and easier to list vehicles.
"Our goal is to provide a seamless experience for dealers and consignors who buy and sell quality wholesale vehicles on our open auction," said Peter Kelly, president and CFO of OPENLANE. "With the new enhancements to both sites, we are evolving our technology to meet the demands of today's challenging and fast-paced marketplace and serving the needs of our valued customers."
The newly streamlined OPENLANE.com and OPENLANE.ca sites feature enhancements for ease-of-use and efficiency for both buyers and sellers.
- New "Comments" Section: Provides more purchase information about each vehicle, including additional disclosures, additional vehicle information (seller-provided), incentives and promotions
- New Camera Icon for "Damage" Information: Links to a picture of vehicle damage noted by the seller
- Feedback Widget: Enables users to easily send OPENLANE feedback about the new and improved vehicle detail page or other comments
- DataScan Field Services (DFS) Legend: Enables vehicles including a third-party inspection performed by DFS with a user-clickable pop-up legend of DFS' inspection condition terms will appear in the "damage condition" section of the vehicle detail page
- New "Auction Type" Search Filter: Enables users to search for inventory by "Place a Bid" (auction) or "Buy Now" (fixed price)
- Select Transport: Provides users with the option to add OPENLANE Transport services to their purchase from the bid/buy confirm page
- New "Comments" Section: Enables sellers to add further detail to their listings, including additional disclosures, additional vehicle information, and seller-provided incentives and promotions
- New "Save and Preview" Feature: Provides the ability to preview a completed listing before releasing the vehicle to auction
- Enhanced "Damage" Information: Enables sellers to now add photographs to each damage line by simply selecting from those previously uploaded