Thrifty Car Sales, a subsidiary of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc., has recently made upgrades to ThriftyCarSales.com by employing a new user interface and technology designed by CarTHINK.
The new site integrates “off-fleet” rental vehicles from Thrifty Car Rental and Dollar Rent A Car. A full inventory of these off-fleet vehicles is displayed on the “National Specials” page.
• Web optimization using frameless website architecture that enables search engines to find and display relevant content to consumers and increase traffic volume.
Improved content management tools for Thrifty Car Sales dealers enabling them to better manage their online inventory of vehicles.
• New merchandising features like “Find A Vehicle” that allows consumers to search for a specific make or model nationwide. “Customers are no longer limited by their geography,” said Lee Goldey, Manager, Marketing and Advertising for Thrifty Car Sales. “We show the full nationwide inventory so consumers can have access to the vehicle they want at the right price.”
• Search capability up to four weeks: Consumers can save their vehicle search criteria for up to four weeks and be notified electronically when Thrifty Car Sales has sourced a vehicle matching their specifications.
• Expanded selection and availability of vehicles. The new site integrates “off-fleet” rental vehicles from Thrifty Car Rental and Dollar Rent A Car. A full inventory of these off-fleet vehicles is displayed on the “National Specials” page. “It’s a win-win for our dealers and customers,” said Goldey, “as dealers have access to ‘virtual inventory’ in their area due to the proximity of vehicles coming off-lease. Customers have their pick of vehicles and can make a purchase through the dealer nearest them. Plus it helps us to keep costs down by selling the rental fleet directly to consumers.”
• “Click for a call” feature: When searching Thrifty Car Sales’ nationwide inventory, customers may click on this icon to get a call from one of our customer service specialists who can set an appointment with a local dealership.