Priceline.com has added a new service to its "Hotel Negotiator" app for the iPhone and iPod Touch, which allows travelers to negotiate last-minute deals and save up to 40 percent on rental cars through priceline.com's "Name Your Own Price" rental car service.
"Our new rental car app is designed for travelers who are flying to a city, or may even be at their destination airport, and decide at the last minute that they need a rental car," said priceline.com Chief Marketing Officer Brett Keller. "Priceline's Hotel & Rental Car Negotiator lets iPhone and iPod touch users quickly choose a car type, negotiate the price and book their rental, all right within the App, up until 30 minutes before their desired pickup time."
Priceline's "Hotel & Rental Car Negotiator" App has the following rental car features:
- The app works exclusively with five major rental car companies - Hertz, Avis, Alamo, National and Budget.
- 30-minute pickup: Rental car customers can book their rental cars and have them ready for pickup in 30 minutes, instead of Priceline's previous two-hour advance notice for pickup.
- Winning Bids recommendations: The app displays recent winning bids made by other priceline.com customers at the desired airport for different car types. Using the native iPhone slide feature, customers can adjust their own "Name Your Own Price" offer up or down.
- One-Page checkout: A specially designed one-page checkout screen speeds users through the bidding and booking process.
- Instant Bid Results: Users will know instantly whether their bid is accepted. If it is, they'll receive all the details on their rental car and pickup counter location.
Priceline's "Hotel Negotiator" app is one of the top 10 free travel apps on iTunes. The expanded "Hotel & Rental Car Negotiator" app will continue to be offered for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.