The National Business Travel Association (NBTA) announced the launch of its new name, the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) to reflect its global reach and international membership base.
The organization is also adding new member features and benefits to better align with its members' professional needs. Some of the planned changes include:
- An expanded global footprint of networking and educational events, many of which will be complimentary for members
- Free worldwide registration for members to all GBTA webinars
- Access to new and improved industry research and resources
- Enhanced online collaboration and information sharing
- An international committee network offering global guidance
- Continued expansion of the GBTA network for representation in every major business travel market
"We are thrilled to roll out a new name and logo that fully reflects the global scope and reach of this organization and is truly aligned with the global nature of today's economy and business travel industry," according to Craig Banikowski, GBTA president and CEO. "As an organization that represents the voice of the worldwide business travel industry, we believe it is our responsibility to actively discuss the needs of our members, advocate for them, and create a vibrant community where members can network, learn from one another, and further the development of the business travel profession. This is a very important milestone in our vision of the future for our association."