Results from the latest edition of the OPENLANE Market Index report show that U.S. auction prices decreased 5 percentage points in January compared to December 2010 prices, but ended 4 percentage points above levels one year ago in January 2010.
Highlights from the February Market Index report include:
- Car prices decreased 7 points in January, but remained above January 2010 levels
- Minivan prices increased, up 5 points from December
- SUV and Truck prices both dropped in January, down 3 percentage points and 4 percentage points, respectively
- Interest in Cars and Minivans increased, with Car interest rising 7 points and Minivan interest spiking to exceed January 2010 levels by 11 points
- SUV interest was slightly down last month and Truck interest remained flat
For more details on the highlights above, click here to view Market Index Report in its entirety.