Dodge Charger Redesigned for 2015

Dodge has reworked the Charger's front end and brought Challenger-like touches to the interior for the 2015 model year of a vehicle shown for the first time at the New York International Auto Show.

The 2015 Dodge Charger gets a fairly dramatic update described by some as Dart-like, including redesigned front headlights with LED lighting. Rear lights will also get LEDs.

The Charger's engine offerings remain unchanged — a 3.6L Pentastar V-6 or 5.7L HEMI V-8 on R/T models. Dodge pairs its engines with a TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission. The V-6 should deliver 31 miles per gallon highway, according to Dodge.

The Charger's interior has been upgraded with a three-spoke steering wheel, 7-inch reconfigurable gauge cluster, and a choice of eight new trim and color combinations.

A Dodge spokesman declined to say whether the 2015 Charger would be the basis for a new Dodge Charger Pursuit for law enforcement buyers.

"Dodge is committed to its leadership in the pursuit-rated sedan business," said Jiyan Cadiz, a Chrysler spokesman. "Announcements will be made later this year."

In other news, Dodge also announced updates for the 2015 Dodge Challenger that include new LED headlights. Read that full release here.

Related:

PHOTOS: 2015 Dodge Charger

Comments

1. TTC [ April 17, 2014 @ 03:18PM ]

That is UGGGGGGGGGGGLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They totally SCREWED UP..............................GM is very happy about this design.

FIAT ..............................................You messed up !!!!!!!!

2. FLT [ May 12, 2014 @ 06:17PM ]

I totally agree with TTC! Man, what a waste of sheet metal! Come on Dodge!! Stick with the aggressive Stance!

3. MOB [ May 17, 2014 @ 08:02PM ]

I have to agree with both TTC and FLT, the new look takes the aggressiveness away from the charger.. I'm a law enforcement officer and I Have a 2014 Charger and man I love it.. I also have the bull guard on front with the 5.7. and the looks turn heads.. NO JOKE.. but the new look is depressing. it doesn't have the "I'm going to run you down" look anymore. Please change for the 2016-2018 models..

4. Haters..come on [ May 28, 2014 @ 11:53AM ]

Lets stop hating the new dodge fiat combo. Fiat owns dodge and rightly so, they paid billions to get dodge out of the bankrupt mess. I just bought a 2014 dart sxt ralley and let me tell you I hated dodge before. I drove camaros and the car I traded was a Acura RSX which was bullet proof. This is my first ever dodge because fiats influence has made the dodges better not worse. I love my car, the quality is better than ever before and fiat is trying hard to gain dodge a good rep again. It hasn't had one since the 60s to early 70s. Let's cut them a break. It still looks better than the new camaros which are lame looking. I can talk because I had seven different year camaros from the 80s to 2002. The new one ugly! So get over it. Don't buy it if you don't like it.

5. Kent [ June 19, 2014 @ 08:08PM ]

Wtf were they thinking?

6. SB [ August 4, 2014 @ 12:20PM ]

Mr. Cadiz,

I had to bite my lip and smile as I read this quote from you about the new Dodge Charger and its styling;

As a municipality we are moving away from Chrysler police units not because of their looks and styling but because of poor service, poor quality and the WORST (nonexistent) after sales fleet and factory support from Chrysler.

I wonder if you have ever made trips in the field outside of Michigan, talked with actual fleet users and gotten real world comments on the actual use of police cars and seen how your “Commitment” is being given to the customer.

I for one care less how the car looks while it is parked at the dealership for 3 weeks waiting for parts.

7. Rusty Shakleford [ February 6, 2016 @ 05:20AM ]

We bought 30 2914 Chargers and we really liked them liked them. So in 2016 it was time to replace 50 units, the chive was easy, we purchased Chargers, They run better, are stable and the '16 has a wide screen that operates everything, radio, blue lights, etc...the '16's have plenty of room due to the new screen, no more clutter and plenty of room for 2 Officers up front, Incidentally we got the 5.7 liter, V-8 Hemi, that motor really has power to spare ! To be fair we also bought 2 Ford Tarus PPV's, hate to offend Ford lovers, but they were pure junk,,,we removed the light bar and decals and gave them both to Highway Maintenance supervisors after 8 months of constant breakdowns, etc. mostly due to the "EcoBoost" motors.

8. Rusty Shakleford [ February 6, 2016 @ 05:20AM ]

Autonomous Vehicles and the Changing Role of the Fleet Manager

With fewer drivers and substantially longer fleet lifecycles, fleet managers will pivot to new job functions.

2017: Fleet Mix Will Be Paramount

Car rental companies are migrating to vehicle segments with better residual values, though not without bumps in the road.

Auto Rental Summit: Five Trend Lines

Taking in the seminars, discussions, and networking at the 2016 Auto Rental Summit, trend lines emerged around shifts in model mix, data protection issues, increasing labor costs, workforce engagement, and new platforms to rent cars.