Travel + Leisure has announced the top travel destinations and companies in the U.S. and around the globe, according to the World's Best Awards 2022 readers' survey. The 27th annual survey rated cities, islands, national parks, and car rentals to hotels to cruise lines, airlines, and more.
National Car Rental was named the World’s Best Car Rental Company by surveyors.
Other 2022 overall winners include:
- World's Best City: Oaxaca, Mexico
- World's Best Hotel: Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, Montalcino, Italy
- World's Best Hotel Brand: Oberoi Hotels & Resorts
- World's Best Island: Ischia, Italy
- World's Best Mega-Ship Ocean Cruise Line: Celebrity Cruises
- World's Best Large-Ship Ocean Cruise Line: Disney Cruise Line
- World's Best Midsize-Ship Ocean Cruise Line: Viking Cruises
- World's Best Small-Ship Ocean Cruise Line: Paul Gauguin Cruises
- World's Best Intimate-Ship Ocean Cruise Line: Quasar Expeditions
- World's Best River Cruise Line: Viking Cruises
- World's Best International Airline: Singapore Airlines
- World's Best Domestic Airline: Hawaiian Airlines
- World's Best International Airport: Singapore Changi Airport
- World's Best Domestic Airport: Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport, Georgia
- World's Best Safari Outfitter: Travel Beyond
- World's Best Tour Operator: DuVine Cycling & Adventure Co.
- World's Best International Destination Spa: Rancho La Puerta, Tecate, Mexico
- World's Best Domestic Destination Spa: The Ranch Malibu, California
- World's Best U.S. National Park: Yellowstone
"As travel continues to rebound and people look for new trip ideas and inspiration, I'm thrilled to share this incredible resource of our readers' favorite places and companies," said Jacqui Gifford, Travel + Leisure’s editor in chief. "You'll find destinations that are transporting and offer a distinct sense of place – whether your focus is on reconnecting with nature or immersing yourself in local cultures. Congratulations to this year's honorees for their excellence in hospitality and for creating standout experiences that appeal to all types of travelers."