To streamline the rental experience, the Hertz Corp. is redesigning, updating and unveiling its locations worldwide. Hertz has started launching modernized locations around the globe, including its rental facilities at San Diego and Shanghai Airports, its Marble Arch location in central London and its Melbourne, Australia headquarters, with more transformations planned for additional airports and neighborhood locations throughout the year.
"Hertz's goal is to provide the lifestyle experience traveler's desire when on the road," said Mark P. Frissora, Hertz chairman and chief executive officer. "We are consistently listening to our customers and implementing solutions to meet and exceed their needs. In addition to offering the best fleet on the road, we are also planning to expand this new customer experience format to all of our global locations by 2015. ..."
Click here to view the photo gallery of the redesigned San Diego location.
According to Hertz, the facility makeovers take into consideration the common road trip staples, tools and services typically desired by travelers, and offer the following to help enhance the travel experience:
- Bus tracking: Working with its leasing company, Donlen, Hertz is piloting new telematics for its buses. With smarter tracking, customers will have access to an app that enables them to see how many minutes until a Hertz bus will be at the terminal for pick up.
- On-site retail: Customers can visit the on-site "Road Trip by Hertz" retail stations to stock up on food and drinks and purchase road trip and travel supplies — everything from maps and sunscreen to charging cords and beach bags.
- On-site technology tools: Customers can recharge their electronic equipment. Additionally, they can interact independently with an iPad station to access travel apps, entertain kids with games, etc.
- Increased visibility for rental options: New vehicle displays showcase Hertz's unique rentals – such as the Hertz Penske GT in the U.S. – that have been added to display expanding fleet options among customers.
- Sustainability leadership: The facility transformations also adhere to the company's commitment to global sustainability best practices. Sustainable construction including solar power systems, water saving fixtures and the use of LED and energy efficient lighting.
For an analysis of Hertz's plans for its facility renovations, click here to read the Auto Focus blog.