When it comes to renting a car, 62% of surveyors say that price is the most important feature, according to Expedia’s “2014 Road Rage Report.” Size takes second for the most important feature, followed by rental type (convertible, SUV, sedan, etc.) and style (standard versus premium).
The Expedia survey found that more Americans will invest in a car rental upgrade when renting a car for business (52%) rather than leisure (42%).
And when considering the preferred type of rental car, 42% claim to always rent the same type of car, says the survey.
Other highlights from Expedia’s report include:
- Classic rock is the preferred road trip music (40%), followed by country (28%), golden oldies (25%), top hits (24%) and pop (23%).
- The Pacific Coast Highway is the top scenic route at 41%. Other roads include Route 66 (33%), Oversees Highway/Florida Keys (28%) and Hawaii Belt (27%).
- With 69%, the texter wins for the most annoying or offensive driving behavior, followed by the tailgater (60%), the multitasker (54%) and the drifter (43%).
- The red light racer was considered the least annoying driving behavior at 12%.
- The top three rudest driving cities are New York City, Los Angeles and Atlanta.
For the full survey results, visit http://viewfinder.expedia.com/features/2014-expedia-road-rage-report.
See all comments