Qentelli, an information technology company that specializes in testing and quality assurance, studied four car rental companies to see which of their websites delivered the best customer experience when it comes to booking rentals online.
The rental car companies (Alamo Rent A Car, Avis Rent A Car, Hertz, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car) were rated by home page load, search response time, time on task, and task completion.
All tests were completed from Qentelli’s cloud platform stated on Amazon AWS cloud, according to the company.
According to Qentelli’s 2016 Summer Travel Report, Enterprise took the top spot for home page load, Alamo and Avis tied for the best search response time, Alamo was rated first for time on task, and Hertz and Enterprise tied for the best task completion rate.
Here are the rankings for the four categories, according to the report:
Home Page Load Time:
- Enterprise: 2.02 seconds
- Alamo: 2.18 seconds
- Avis: 2.94 seconds
- Hertz: 3.81 seconds
Search Response Time (Time on Search Page; Results Load Time):
- Alamo: 19 seconds; 8.5 seconds
- Avis: 19 seconds; 10.5 seconds
- Enterprise: 21 seconds; 10 seconds
- Hertz: 31 seconds; 10 seconds
Time on Task:
- Alamo: 40 seconds
- Enterprise: 42.5 seconds
- Avis: 46 seconds
- Hertz: 53.5 seconds
Task Completion Rate:
- Hertz: 100%
- Enterprise 100%
- Avis: 99.17%
- Alamo: 98.5%
Qentelli provides these suggestions to help car rental companies offer a quality experience with continuous delivery through their websites:
- Reduce the amount of requests sent with fewer components in the homepage, such as java scripts and compressed images, to make your pages faster.
- Decrease the number of images on search pages. Alamo had only 13 images compared to 25 or more on the other car rental websites.
- Bigger can be better. Hertz’s comprehensive booking page gives customers a better user experience even if it takes longer to load.
- Minimize HTML and JS requests and compress images to increase a website’s speed.