Toyota Motor North America is expanding its U.S. recall of Takata front passenger air bag inflators to about 543,000 more vehicles, the automaker said.
New safety defect information from Takata triggered the recall expansion, Toyota said in a released statement.
The following models are included:
- 2008-2009 and 2012 Scion xB
- 2009 and 2012 Toyota Corolla
- 2009 and 2012 Toyota Corolla Matrix
- 2007-2009 and 2012 Toyota Yaris
- 2012 Toyota 4Runner
- 2012 Toyota Sienna
- 2006-2009 and 2012 Lexus IS250/350
- 2012 Lexus IS250C/350C
- 2008-2009 and 2012 Lexus IS-F
- 2007-2009 and 2012 Lexus ES350
- 2012 Lexus GX460
- 2012 Lexus LFA.
Toyota will begin notifying vehicle owners of the recall in February.
“Depending on the vehicle model, dealers will replace either the front passenger air bag inflator or air bag assembly at no cost,” Toyota said.
To learn whether any of your fleet vehicles are under recall, you can click here and search by VIN.
Vehicle owners can reach Toyota customer service at (800) 3314331 and Lexus customer service at (800) 255-3987.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet