Enterprise Holdings released a report that shows it had a $2.8 billion impact on the Canadian economy in fiscal year 2016.
According to the company, Enterprise Holdings contributed the following to Canada’s bottom line and communities across the country:
- $2.2 billion in vehicles purchased in Canada
- $270 million in companywide purchases from Canadian suppliers
- $102 million in provincial and local tax payments
- $216 million in payroll expenses
- $2.4 million in total charitable giving
- $1.6 million in total United Way donations (including Enterprise Holdings Foundation match)
"Enterprise has a significant economic impact in Canada overall, but I think the role Enterprise plays in local economies is our best-kept secret," said Steven Tudela, Enterprise Holdings’ corporate vice president of Canadian operations. "As we grow, we hire, spend, and give locally. Our goal is to strengthen the fabric of the neighborhoods where our employees live and work."
Enterprise plans to continue to expand in Canada with 15 new branches in 2017.