Midway Car Rental is working to keep employees and customers safe as Coronavirus continues to spread.
In Midway's offices, the company has done the following:
- Plastic safety shields have been installed at our counters to protect both our clients and employees
- All employees have been provided gloves, masks, cleaning supplies, and hand sanitizing products.
- Floors have been clearly marked for clients to know where to stand
- Furniture has been moved and removed to encourage social distancing
- Signage has been placed throughout the facility that enforces social distancing and face covering
- Signage is posted on our shuttles and in our offices that enforce our commitment to social distancing and face covering.
- Counters, chairs and supplies are being sanitized several times per day
- Daily well -being checks are conducted of our staff to ensure everyone that is working symptom free
Midway’s standard operating procedures before each rental include a complete vehicle cleaning and disinfecting of interior surfaces. This includes, but is not limited to, the complete steering wheel and controls, door handles and any buttons, radio and climate controls, seat adjustments, cup holders, arm rests, trunk area, seat belt buckles, and more.
The rental agency washes the exterior and vacuums and wipes the interior of all cars according to CDC guidelines. The inside of the vehicles are cleaned and disinfected with a variety of commercial grade products.
Midway has recently added the use of UV sanitizing wands for the interior of its vehicles. Ionic water is used for spot free car drying to eliminate the use of towels and decrease the spread of contaminants.
Additionally, all employees that are cleaning and sanitizing the vehicles, wear masks and gloves.
All shuttle drivers wear a mask and gloves, and signage on the van mandates face coverings. The shuttle is cleaned and sanitized after every shuttle trip.
Additionally, seats have been removed to encourage social distancing in the vehicle. Clients also enter the back of the van to avoid contact with the driver.