The Hertz Corp. and Navigation Solutions, developer of Hertz NeverLost, rolled out two new programs — “Explore” and “Special Events” features that provide real-time content on places to go, things to do and where to eat — to the NeverLost in-car GPS system, according to a Nov. 17 press release.
The Explore and Special Events upgrades to NeverLost allow travelers to choose things to do and places and restaurants to visit, all specifically chosen and delivered wirelessly to NeverLost in the top 20 urban markets across America.
The Explore city feature appears on the opening screen of Hertz NeverLost. Content for each Explore city is automatically delivered wirelessly to NeverLost and remains accessible on the device throughout the traveler’s trip. Travelers simply touch the on-screen “Explore” box to access the following features:
• Must See: offers up to 20 must-see destinations within the area;
• Beyond City: shows up to 10 locations within driving distance from the core city;
• New and Trendy Restaurants: lists up to 20 of the city’s top dining destinations;
• National Parks: includes up to 5 national park sites;
• Local Events: features up to 30 local events, updated four times a month, including music, sports, art and theater, conventions and museum exhibits.
The Explore feature is currently available in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Orlando, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., followed by roll-outs in New Orleans, San Diego, Seattle, Nashville and Phoenix.
For sports enthusiasts and convention attendees, navigation solutions delivers event-specific content, which is transmitted wirelessly, to the NeverLost Special Events feature which includes several event categories, such as event location, event parking and event hotels.
Hertz NeverLost is available for rent on Hertz full-size and above vehicles for $12.99 per day, and is included in Hertz Prestige Collection cars, excluding Volvo S60.