Zipcar Inc. announced last week it is expanding its airport access to eight other airports in North America. With this expansion, Zipcar members have access to nearly 10,000 vehicles in 20 cities, at more than 300 universities and now in 11 airports, including:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
The addition of these eight airports follows Zipcar's launch at Newark Liberty (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), and John F. Kennedy (JFK) airports last month. "For the past decade, Zipcar has been delivering on our brand promise of 'wheels when you want them' to members where they live and work. Now Zipcars are available for members where they travel," said Zipcar President Mark Norman.
Zipcar models such as Mazda 3, Toyota Prius and Ford Focus are located in Zipcar-branded parking spaces adjacent to the Avis Car Rental pick-up facility at each participating airport.