The New Zealand branches of Avis and Budget are offering rental vehicles from $10 a day to essential workers to provide them safe transportation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Essential workers who can make use of the offer include:
- Health and social care workers
- Paramedics and ambulance workers
- Support, disability, and aged care workers
- Pharmacist and pharmacy workers
- Public safety and national security workers
- Education and childcare workers
- Supermarket and grocery store workers
- Airport workers
- Transport workers
- Other workers with a letter from the government stating they are an essential service.
“New Zealand’s essential workers are on the frontlines during this pandemic to ensure the rest of the community can continue to access what it needs," Tom Mooney, managing director of Avis Budget Group, Pacific, said in a statement. "During these uncertain times, both Avis and Budget New Zealand want to ensure we are supporting the nation’s essential workers and that those who need to travel can do so safely to get to where they are needed the most.”
See all comments