The Hertz Corporation announced on Nov. 13 that it has expanded Simply Wheelz by Hertz to airports in California and Florida. In addition, Simply Wheelz will be available at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas starting Dec. 1.
Launched in September 2007, the expansion is based upon the success of Simply Wheelz in Orlando. Simply Wheelz offers an easy-to-use Web site for reservations (www.SimplyWheelz.com) and a self-service rental kiosk to rent vehicles.
Through the Web site, customers are able to reserve a vehicle from the six types offered, ranging from economy to full-size vehicles. Once the customer arrives at the Hertz airport location, a self-service rental kiosk is available to help the customer complete the transaction.
The kiosk scans a bar code from a printed online reservation or the renter's driver's license, the customer selects a few additional options – such as child seats or GPS and insurance/waiver options – and then a vehicle is assigned and the kiosk prints the rental agreement. Once the rental transaction is completed, customers go can to their car and proceed off the lot.Additionally, Simply Wheelz offers limited products and services, including:
- A selection of the most popular new, well-maintained rental cars in a good array of sizes and types
- NeverLost(R), Hertz's industry leading, in-car GPS system
- A fuel purchase option with below market pricing or refueling based on usage at market prices plus a nominal service fee
- Available child seats in multiple sizes
- An array of full collision and damage coverages
- 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance.