Enterprise Rent-A-Car announced Feb. 22 that it is now offering a new GPS-based navigation device – a customized version of the Garmin nuvi 265W – at most major U.S. airport locations.
The Garmin nuvi 265W operates with advanced technology that guides both frequent and occasional drivers to their destinations. Enterprise offers the device for only $9.95 per day.
The customized Garmin nuvi 265W can instantly modify directions if travelers change their plans or make a wrong turn. Additional features include:
- Text-to-speech feature that mentions street names, rather than just distances, e.g., “Turn right on Main Street in 500 feet” (rather than “Turn right in 500 feet”)
- Choice of route set-up, including fastest time and shortest distance
- A route avoidance function to avoid highways and tolls
- A “Where am I?” feature that allows travelers to find the nearest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, intersections, latitude and longitude coordinates, and even local Enterprise branch offices
- Bright, high-resolution touch-screen for easy viewing both day and night
- Hands-free calling with Bluetooth wireless technology
- More than 30 languages.
The Garmin nuvi 265W is one of several new options now available at Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s airport locations. Enterprise also recently expanded its fleet of gas/electric hybrids at 27 U.S. airports, including some of the most popular destinations for business travelers: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Newark, Orlando, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.