In response to broad changes in the U.S. auto industry, Payless Car Sales has re-engineered its franchise program to address new economic challenges facing automobile dealers. The redesigned Payless Car Sales Franchise Program incorporates a number of new services and resources for participating dealers, including a pre-owned certification program, centralized financing options, and cooperative branding, sales and marketing resources.
“We’ve developed a program that helps dealers manage some of the most difficult economic challenges they now face, and that gives them access to valuable marketing tools and resources to grow their businesses,” said Kevin Copeland, director of Franchise Development for Payless Car Sales.
Highlights of the new franchise program include:
- A “Payless Certified Pre-Owned Program” which includes standard inspection, vehicle history report, and limited warranty;
- A centralized finance operation which will provide quick approvals and funding;
- Payless Car Rental Co-Branding Programs for dealership rental operations;
- National service and parts networks;
- Private-labeled and re-insured Finance and Insurance products;
- Quarterly national promotion packages;
- Customized Internet marketing and lead generation programs; and
- Operations training, support and consulting resources.
The program also gives dealers the ability to co-brand their business by including their name with the Payless brand. “It’s important to many existing and former new car dealers that they maintain their local identity, so we’ve made it possible for them to do so while utilizing the Payless brand to identify themselves with other quality dealers in a unique national used car franchise system,” added Copeland.
The new franchise program is the next step in the Payless mission to build the largest, nationally recognized and trusted “quality pre-owned” vehicle sales franchise system in the United States. According to Copeland, that means providing Payless Franchise Dealers with the superior service and support they need to grow their dealership, and to continue delivering like-new vehicles at used car prices, quality products and services, and peace of mind in a comfortable, stress-free environment.