Zipcar Inc. announced the immediate availability of the free Zipcar App for iPhone and iPod touch on the App Store. The Zipcar App enables users to find and reserve Zipcars around the corner or across the globe in just a few taps. The first and only car-sharing technology of its kind, the Zipcar App also allows users to sort cars by time, model or type, and while in a reservation, even honk, unlock and lock the vehicle with their iPhone or iPod touch.
"Like so many urban dwellers today, more than 25 percent of Zipcar members live their life from their iPhones," said Scott Griffith, Zipcar chairman and CEO. "The new Zipcar App is a simple, fun and self-service technology that now allows millions of iPhone and iPod touch users to have on-the-go access to Zipcars around the globe."
10 cool things members can do with the Zipcar App:
- Find available Zipcars on a map using your current location, a favorite location, or any location
- Reserve a Zipcar anytime, anywhere
- Sort cars by time available, car type and model
- View upcoming reservations
- Get directions to your Zipcar
- Easily locate your reserved Zipcar by telling it to honk its horn
- Unlock and lock your Zipcar after scanning your Zipcard at the start of each reservation
- Tap to contact Zipcar if help is needed during a reservation
- Extend or cancel reservations on the go
- Play around with the virtual key fob and make sounds even when you're not in a reservation
Even those who aren't Zipsters can download the app and kick the tires. Users can see which Zipcars live near them and learn what being a Zipster is all about.
The Zipcar App is available immediately for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch (requires iPhone OS 3.0) or at www.itunes.com/apps/zipcar.