Avis Budget Group Inc. has been selected by American Airlines to be its preferred car rental media partner.
The new agreement provides Avis Budget with an exclusive opportunity to promote its Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car brands, products, services and special offers to the more than 105 million business and leisure travelers that fly with American Airlines and American Eagle Airlines each year.
"Being able to reach American Airlines travelers with our award-winning brands and products at the exact time that they are making their travel arrangements is perhaps the most effective marketing that we can do," said Thomas M. Gartland, executive vice president of sales, marketing and customer care for Avis Budget Group. "We are excited about expanding our relationship with American Airlines. Avis and Budget will now be 'top of mind' with American's customers - from the start of the trip-planning process until they return home."
Avis Budget Group's integrated marketing solution with American Airlines includes the following marketing and distribution channels:
- Publications: Avis will be featured in American Way, American Airlines' bi-weekly in-flight publication, with a total audience of 38 million travelers; Celebrated Living, American's quarterly magazine for first- and business-class passengers, with an audience of 11 million; and American Airlines Nexos, the bi-monthly in-flight magazine for 22 million passengers traveling on American Airlines' Latin American routes.
- "Out of Home" Media: The Avis brand will be showcased in more than 40 American Admirals Club lounges worldwide, on boarding passes issued by American Airlines' self-service kiosks and on-board American's more than 3,400 daily flights through in-flight commercials, Wi-Fi service and other opportunities.
- Digital: Avis and Budget will be able to present special offers on rentals to the estimated 1.6 million visitors per day who plan their travel on AA.com, the airline's official website. Similar offers will also be included on American Airlines' itinerary confirmations and email receipts, weekly NetSAAver and AAVacations emails, and monthly AAirmail emails.
- AAdvantage: Avis and Budget promotions for bonus mileage will be offered to American Airlines AAdvantage members, providing special Avis and Budget discounts and upgrades throughout the program's different marketing channels.
- Other: Avis and Budget will be featured in other American Airlines marketing initiatives, including American's Business ExtrAA program for business travel rewards, and those targeted at specific segments such as women and African Americans.
This new agreement builds on the 26-year relationship between American Airlines and Avis. Budget has been a travel partner of American Airlines since 1998.
"We are proud to build upon the great relationship we have had with American Airlines," said Gartland. "We are dedicated to helping them deliver added value and superior travel experiences to their customers."