Tom Wood Automotive Group, which owns the Sixt franchise serving Indianapolis, Ind., has revised its vehicle sanitizing process as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
The sanitizing process is as follows:
1. While wearing disposable gloves grab two microfiber cloths and apply Lysol or Clorox Wipes in a liberal manner to your gloves.
2. For the outside use Lysol or Clorox wipes on the outside door handle and open the driver’s door.
3. For the inside use Lysol or Clorox wipes in the following areas only:
a) inside door opening handle and master window switch panel
b) steering wheel and light/wiper switches
c) gear shift, handbrake (or switch) levers
4. While wiping parts listed above, a visible wet surface should be seen momentarily to ensure it has been sanitized.
5. Hang or place appropriate “this vehicle has been sanitized” card in the vehicle.
6. Cover steering wheel with plastic fitted cover.
“Customers like the clean card message and love the steering wheel cover,” says Phil Spink, operations manager, adding that the steering wheel cover costs only 15 cents. “I think we’ll use some of our sanitizing changes going forward.”