The annual remarketing industry conference that brings together key business sectors heads to Nashville, Tennessee, Aug. 16-18 for its trademark mix of sessions and groups gathered to interact on all types of industry topics and matters.
Registration for the International Automotive Remarketers Alliance Summer Roundtable at the Hilton Nashville Downtown opened late last week, and attendees should make flight and hotel reservations sooner rather than later given the expected heavy summer travel season.
The Summer Roundtable features a menu of keynote presentations, panel discussions, open committee meetings, an IARA board meeting, awards and all types of informal meetups among attendees.
Agenda highlights scheduled so far include:
- Opening Keynote: A talk with with Ernie Garcia, Carvana founder and CEO, moderated by John Combs of ADESA, which Carvana acquired earlier this year. They will discuss the current state of Carvana, it’s growth into the wholesale auction space, the ever-changing retail market, and what the future holds for the company.
- An Aug. 17 evening event will be held at the Country Music Hall of Fame for southern food, libations, and Nashville's famous country music entertainment.
- The morning of Aug. 18 kicks off with the IARA's 5K Fun Run hosted by Element Fleet Management with all donations benefiting the Red Cross.
- A morning networking breakfast launches a full day of sessions that include cybersecurity and lobbying insights.
- A midday awards luncheon that recognizes industry leaders.
- Closing Keynote: Kristin Slanina, CIO of Parkmyfleet, will host a presentation with firsthand insights on electric vehicles, from basic details to new facts to the development of infrastructure needed to handle EVs circulating through the market.
Originally posted on Vehicle Remarketing