Vigeo Eiris, a leader in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) research, benchmarks, data and assessments, has awarded a score of 61/100 to Europcar Mobility Group, raising the Group to the "Advanced" level for its ESG performance.
This represents an increase of 15 points compared to the previous rating— from 46/100 to 61/100.
This score rewards the Europcar's efforts in corporate social and environmental responsibility (CSR) since the launch of its CSR policy and its "Commit Together" program in 2017.
Among the flagship initiatives that have been valued by Vigeo Eiris:
- Europcar's continuous efforts to offer to its customers a “CO2 light” fleet equipped with the latest and cleanest motorizations provided by manufacturers, and to gradually increase the share of electric, hybrid, and natural gas vehicles in its fleet in the coming years.
- A range of hourly, daily, weekly, or longer-term mobility offers, from car rental to carsharing, offering as many alternatives to owning an individual vehicle, with a view to favor a responsible and sustainable mobility.
- A responsible management of resources with eight country subsidiaries certified ISO 14001 and three head offices supplied with electricity from renewable sources.
Regarding governance, human resources management and customer relationship management, the evaluation conducted by Vigeo Eiris highlighted:
- A set of solid fundamentals supporting the way the Group operates.
- A special attention paid to gender equity in a historically very male sector.
- Customer relations being stepped up, with the creation of a customer engagement department, which has led a vast customer-focused approach involving a hundred employees and a complete overhaul of customer relations processes, enabling a significant increase in the NPS (+8 points between 2017 and 2019).