Vehicle-sharing startup JustShareIt launched this year with a self-developed technology called “RideLink.” RideLink, a new in-vehicle technology, facilitates vehicle sharing by establishing JustShareIt as a completely keyless vehicle-sharing model.
JustShareIt also includes the sharing of boats, motorcycles, RVs, ATVs and personal watercraft.
RideLink is compatible with almost any vehicle with an engine. Once installed, the technology enables keyless entry for renters with reservations via a mobile app available for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry (coming soon).
RideLink also features:
• GPS: Map routes and identify a vehicle’s location.
• Accelerometer: Monitor how drivers are handling a vehicle.
• Personal Concierge Service: Drivers can speak with an agent to help them find the closest gas station, tell them the best route to a destination or to help them order takeout.
• Geo-Fencing: Sharers can create an approved boundary for Borrowers renting their vehicles.
• Immobilization: Working with law enforcement, a vehicle can be located and immobilized in the event of theft.
"We are embracing the sharing economy in a big way with the official launch of JustShareIt, we can’t wait to help people conveniently and securely access a variety of vehicles and adventures," says Gaurav Kohli, dounder and CEO of JustShareIt.
JustShareIt’s launch is focused on the San Francisco Bay Area, but the company plans to expand to other parts of California as well as Oregon, where p2p car sharing became legal as of 2012.
For more information please visit www.justshareit.com