Along with the entire transportation spectrum, the auto rental industry is going through unprecedented disruption. The coronavirus pandemic has forced businesses to radically shift processes, rethink business models, and seek new revenue streams with fewer resources.
Now more than ever, the industry needs a forum to advance industry advocacy, share best practices, and connect car rental operators with business solutions for a path forward. With this goal in mind, Bobit Business Media is launching a new online event — ICRS Experience — convening Oct. 19 to 23.
Presented in conjunction with the American Car Rental Association, ICRS Experience will consist of the high-level keynotes, seminars, and breakout sessions found at the International Car Rental Show (ICRS), but with a focused agenda addressing present conditions around the pandemic.
Seminar topics will cover:
- Assessing the Big Picture: Financial, Wholesale, and Travel Markets
- Building a Stronger Balance Sheet to Weather a Crisis
- ACRA Update and Town Hall
- Customer Expectations in the Era of COVID-19
- Making the Pivot to New Revenue Models
- Growing Contactless Rentals for Today and Beyond the Pandemic
- Solving Fleet Management Challenges in Times of Disruption
- Navigating Today's Legal and Liability Minefields
- Vehicle Sanitation: DIY Successes, Best Practices, and New Innovations
The new virtual format will feature real-time interaction with seminar presenters and facilitated discussions, along with networking opportunities with vendors, speakers, and other attendees.
“The industry can look forward to when we can gather again at the ICRS in person,” said Chris Brown, executive editor for Auto Rental News and conference chair. “In the meantime, we’re excited for ICRS Experience. By going virtual, we can reach global car rental audiences more than ever to generate solutions to the industry’s considerable challenges.”